Thursday, June 30, 2011

"So, lemme ask you this..."

Since I posted the first two entries, so many of you have commented on how brave I am (thanks!) or how proud you are of me for not only doing this (cool!), but for putting it out there all along the way (I've never been shy, as you well know).  I really appreciate all your encouragement!

You've also asked a lot of questions, some of which I will try and answer today.
 

For those of you who have asked, "what's it called again?," it's called New Direction Weight Control System.  It's available through your doctor, and here is a website that can tell you more:  New Directions System 

One thing I find really interesting is that this product is often used with patients who are considering bariatric surgery, but need to get to a goal weight before that's a safe option for them.  I feel like I'm getting the benefits of bariatric surgery without the risk, and that's amazing.

Another question I've had a lot this week is, "how much weight do you want to lose?"  I'm going for 100 lbs.  In a perfect world, I'd lose 120 lbs., but we need to see how my body does with 100 lbs. less on its frame.  Then, I'll make my decision.  I want to be healthy, I want to shop in the regular section of the store, not the plus size section, and I want to be able to gracefully paint my toenails without looking like I'm in some strange yoga pose.  And I want to be healthy.  I've never, ever wanted to be a specific weight, so I'm sticking with that theory.

And finally, the last question I've had recently is, "aren't you hungry?  Is that really enough?"  Well friends, let me say this - I'm always hungry.  (I suspect that's how I got fat.)  But, my body isn't deprived and feels full after eating and throughout the day.  My doctor prescribed an appetite suppressant, which is common for about 50% of folks on this program.  I took it the past two days, but did not today - and I feel great.  I haven't felt hungry or lightheaded.  I have had headaches, but that's a symptom of sugar withdrawl more than anything.  I am also drinking gigantic amounts of water each day, which makes you feel pretty full, so that helps a lot, too.

Keep the questions coming.  Now, back to my pudding.  (I highly recommend the chocolate.)




1 comment:

  1. I love it. You and Darin both have exceptional communication skills and are very witty.
    Can't wait to see your subsequent posts!

    ReplyDelete