Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Keepin' it real

I learned about this diet from a woman who volunteers at the museum where I work.  She had great success with it, and recommended it to me.  She's been encouraging me at every turn, and trying to give me tips on how to do this successfully.  Recently, she emailed me and said: 

"Is someone taking a photo of you every week?  I wish someone had done that for me.  It's a great way to track your progress."

So, I handed my sweet husband the camera, and asked that he take a photo of me every two weeks, since we missed the first week.  And, he did.  So here they are.

Let's start with the before photos.  The most recent images I have before starting are at my wedding, which was June 11.  I'm wearing a white dress (most unslimming color ever) and immediately after the wedding went on a cruise where we ate a ton - so it's possible I weighed slightly more when I started the diet.

My Dad is so adorable.
And from the side - during our vows,
with our friend Tom, the officiant.

Clearly, I am happy - it's my wedding!  But as I look at the photos from the day, I often  think, "I wish I was thinner."  My friends have said how beautiful I looked and how happy I seem - I hope all that is true, because I believe you can be beautiful and overweight.  But I'd be lying if said I wasn't already mentally planning the one-year anniversary photos of handsome hubby and I - with me in the same dress, taken in, after losing my weight.  A girl's gotta have goals, you know.

And, after two weeks, losing 14 lbs, I look like this:

I've been told there's already a difference.

And from the side.

I'm not entirely sure I see the changes yet, but I feel them.  And it's getting better.

So, yeah.  I'm gonna post photos.  Because that, my friends, is keepin' it real.

1 comment:

  1. Even though I posted my actual WEIGHT on the world wide interweb I didn't have the courage to actually get a before picture taken. I told Eric many times that "today was the day" and then never did it. I didn't want to see it. Putting this out there is SO theraputic and right. God love you, Niki. You are SO going to do this. Keepin' it real is the only way to go. So exposed, but so damned important. You did it-you posted them. I have never seen you more beautiful.

    ReplyDelete