Friday, September 2, 2011

Updates from the road: fast food frenzy

I'm doing two things for the first time today: taking a road trip while on my diet, and blogging from my phone. This is going to be hard... On both counts.

We left at 5am for Minneapolis. By 7am, it was light out and everyone was thinking about breakfast. There was a croissanwich within arm's reach, and I had NONE of it. I drank my shake while the smell of the boys' hash browns filled the car with their sweet perfume. I did not waver.

Through Missouri and into Iowa, I was steady. For the first time, I was not snacking away the hours in the car.

It's now lunch, in Ames, Iowa. I rinsed my New Directions shake cup in the restroom sink at the Burger King, ordered a cold bottle of water, and sat with my boys, drinking my shake, while they had their burger and salad.

Can't believe it. So far, so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment