Sunday, September 4, 2011

Updates from the road: shimmy and my shakes

Day two was pretty successful. Shake for breakfast, shake and tomato salad for lunch, and big salad for dinner. I was successful in making good choices, but less successful in drinking lots of water. It's quite chilly here, so I've had more coffee than usual.

I used to equate family trips with food. But yesterday, we spent the day enjoying each other's company and laughing, not eating. We went shopping at the three favorite stores of the three of us: Half Price Books (for Paul), a Blick Art Store (for me) and Guitar Center (for Max). We also had a wonderful time at the Minneapolis Institute of Arts.

The biggest moment of the day was directly related to my pants. See, the pants I brought were falling off me, so we went shopping and for the first time in years, I found a pair of jeans that were flattering and comfortable and made me feel sexy and sassy. I wore them yesterday, and found there was a bit of a shimmy in my walk- a swagger in my step- a swing in my hips. I felt FABULOUS. Everyone commented on my smaller form- it felt great.

Today is the wedding of Mikhal and Scott. I can't wait to see them. And I'm not even thinking about the food.

No comments:

Post a Comment