Sunday, October 23, 2011

The Pictures Say It All




Sometimes I don't feel like I can see the changes in my body the way others can.  And, I really want to.  I am almost halfway to my goal, and should be able to see the changes easily, but sometimes it's not so easy.  

Even if I can't see the changes, I have other measures of success - I've been shopping for new clothes, and now am wearing clothes that actually fit me.  I can move around more easily, I have more energy, and feel fantastic.  I can comfortably cross my legs, sit in narrow chairs with arms on them, and slide behind the wheel of my car with ease.  So I know it's really happening.

Whenever I can't "see" the changes, I get out the camera.  We took photos this week of my progress, and when I look at them, compared to where I started.  And boy, did it help.  Now, I can really see the difference.


I started on June 21 at 268 lbs.  The new photos are on October 21, and I'm at 222 lbs.  My arms hang straighter at my sides, and there is actual negative space between my arms and my body.  I even have a bit of a waist.  There's also something different - the smile on my face is much more genuine.  That's all the proof I really need.

3 comments:

  1. You look Great Niki!!! I'm very proud of you!
    - Mr. Pepperoni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where are you, Niki? You look incredible! I know holidays suck for all the temptations, but your willpower is stronger than their baked goods. I know you can do it!

    ReplyDelete